Peter F. Bagley
Partner, Blumberg Bagley PLLC
Board Certified, Consumer & Commercial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Arlington Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- The State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Oklahoma School of Law, 1992
- Bachelor of Science, Boston University, 1984
- Chinese and American Studies Program, Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University, 1989
- Evidence: Admission of Hearsay Statements in Child Abuse Cases, 45 Okla. L. Rev. 341 (1992)
- Attorney Fees: Compensating the Attorney Pro Se Litigant in Civil Rights Cases, 44 Okla. L. Rev. 695 (1991)
- Briefing Attorney, Chief Justice of the Fourth Court of Appeals, San Antonio, Texas
- Past Speaker at the annual TASB/TASA Convention about school law issues
- Member, Arlington Great Southwest Rotary Club
- Trustee, Harold Key Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Former member, City of Arlington Library Advisory Board
- Representation of an investor who purchased a minority interest in various oil and gas ventures in a suit against the control persons of the ventures for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and conspiracy.
- Representation of a party claiming that it was defrauded by an energy company and a commodities broker relating to the sale of counterfeit energy credits known as Renewable Identification Numbers.
- Representation of a party against an investment advisor and a securities brokerage firm for violations of the Texas Securities Act and other consumer laws relating to the sale of a defunct investment product.
- Representation of a party to recover community property that his spouse fraudulently conveyed to others.
- Representation of a party to rescind a deed and to recover property improperly transferred to another while acting under a power of attorney.
- Representation of parties in various disputes among business colleagues claiming violations of fiduciary duty and self-dealing.
- Representation of a party in a suit against a former business colleague for his misappropriation of trade secrets concerning energy-saving devices used in commercial applications.
- Representation of a borrower in a suit against a financial institution for failing to recognize the consumer’s right of rescission under the Truth in Lending Act and for violating other consumer laws.
- Representation of a client in a suit against a building contractor for breaches of warranty and violations of consumer laws for shoddy construction work.
- Defense of a multi-million estate against suits by creditors and representation of an executor in lawsuits to recover estate assets.
- Representation of an estate against a contest action claiming lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence.
- Defense of an administrator against a suit for breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with inheritance.
- Representation of teachers in connection with employment contract disputes and nonrenewal and termination hearings.
- Defense of school districts against First Amendment claims, procedural due process claims, and other types of civil rights claims.
- Defense of school districts against special education claims.